-->

Friday, March 31, 2023

In Search of: Myths and superstitions

 If you're a really die-hard fan you know I deleted an entry about xbox-controllers.
If you're only here to gossip, I don't have a lot to say today.

I want a new controller because the usb-c connector seems bad. I'm gambling it's the controller connector and not the cable.
What's this myth/superstition?
That the factory making controllers has at least two kinds, the cheap ones they care little about, and the "Elite" ones.

The mythic hope is that the USB-C connectors are slightly better on the more expensive controllers, and the horrific mind-numbing reality prolly is, they're the same or worse.

But of course I won't know till I get one.

I just got it, and maybe I was right, the controller connector was going bad.
(Dropping it on the carpeted floor will do that, I guess.)

If the *new* one drops on the floor, the sticks might fall off, as they're only magnetically attached to the shaft, which is adjustable. 

The biggie difference is, this controller has a built-in (non removable?) rechargeable battery.

That's either good or not, but if the sticks fall off and the connector dies, I could still use the rechargeable battery for bluetooth.
Maybe you're thinking that I should forget the cable, just use the built-in battery, and that sounds good (IDK); you still need to baby the connector to be able to charge the batteries...

I'm so depressed, because the new controller just dropped on the ground, the first of many accidents to come.




folderol deleted

Anyway... My quest to find a mostly AAA game with a biggie story line has gone unfulfilled but there *are* candidates to consider (only two so far)

Breeders of the Nephelym: Alpha

and another that isn't free but is "prerelease," so I'd expect lots of interruptus (crashing).

"Carnal instinct" is the game that costs money and is healthier, more fully developed, I think.
IDK.

Now, um, will they work with a trainer, with mods??
You *could* mod out most of the story line, have sex all day, IDK, but (TBA)

Too expensive and mostly boring.



Not to get graphic or anything but I'm looking and not seeing much besides chester cheetah and friends.
I suppose I could steel my immersive self to expect amorous adventures with hairy tigers and felines, but honestly don't they have hairless stuff?

Yay, spots and a tail.
Well, ...

Thankfully I'm getting too tired for major purchases right this second.
I'll, uh, let you know.

I'm on a site right now with a much more popular genre, killing with extreme gory prejudice, hack-n-slash, 14-yr-old nirvana games. OK, 9-yr-old.

The "adult" tag in steam brings up cartoony girls and one large-bosomy teacher.



So sad.

Atomic-Heart is sort of a bait-switch, say reviewers, it has no sex to speak of.
I'm (I *was*) saving up for a 5800x3d and yet another month has to pass without that wish being fulfilled, but what game would be worthy?

"Slumming, are we?"
No sex, no alcohol, no drugs (hmm)



Some Player's swaying butt on her way to the next mission is enough sexual context for me, so I'm not picky, and "Mass effect andromeda" has been good to me. Time to move on, I keep saying, only I never do.

I need a typewritten word for Bleahh (rolf) but skipping romance, maybe the game isn't bad? IDK

well yeah, CBP2077 is 59.99 not on sale (the sale was yesterday or tomorrow) but...I'm all shopped-out, I wanna go home.

For Baldur's Gate because the trainer says I'd need it


My score is comparable to a lesser card, way-way down some list,
(circa rtx2070/3060) and my card gets HOT but, "Baldurs gate"-something (3?) might be nice.

Hell, any damned game I choose says "Positive", "Mostly Positive" never "Mixed" so I know I have good taste, (but do they taste good?? NVM) 

So I'm narrowing my choices (otg) to Cyberpunk and Baldurs gate.
(wut?? https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/jgdwn5/cyberpunk_2077_or_baldurs_gate_3/)

Baldur-whatever, guys hack at some huge monster (right?) IDK.

Cyberpunk, like some disembodied voice pointed out, might be too cartoony (I never picked up the whole comics-thing anyway)

My cyberpunk-settings are way off and the controller keeps dying, but so far it's OK except for the trainer (I couldn't kill the practice-target?) I'll have to play tons more before I know but so far I think it's OK.









No comments: