-->

Monday, March 13, 2023

Uncharted II: freaking power supply (geez)

 PD->PD 3.0-> "PPS," it'sa plot (I swear) to get you to keep buying newer power chargers for a damn phone, no wonder they don't include them any more.

A basic charger takes hours to charge, a newer version takes less than an hour but murders the battery (slowly, evilly)

My samsung-charger went tits-up,
requiring me to buy what I could afford,
which is "Non PPS", I think (It says so on the website.)
Fine! 
My battery will thank me (Unless it's dead already)

In place of the more useful PPS they say it's got GaN, a more efficient power.
Wait, so it's slow-wimpy, but in ten years I'll save 5-cents (right?)

Actually it looks to be cheaper to make (not to buy) so companies like it.
Having a website tell me it's "Non PPS" is weird, does that save (them) money as well?
Fucket, I'll either like it and use it til it dies, or buy a samsung next month, so whatever
  • More powerful than previous Samsung travel adapters, it harnesses the power of Super Fast Charging 2.0 to make sure you're not down for long. 
whatever do they mean, "Super fast charging 2.0"??
So we have, uhm, PD, PPS, "SFC"(?)
Fucket, buncha ripoff artists
I don't think I'll *require* super-fast,
I've been schooled to lower my expectations, OK
"It’s important to know that the Galaxy A53 has a 25W max charging speed, and that charge rate is achieved by using a 25W PPS Power Delivery charger,"

If my A53 is max-25w power delivery, and (ohm's law) 9v*3A=27Watts...
OK I'm missing something.
The whole "Smart charging" thing is very mysterious, but going strictly from specs, uhm, ???
There are cheaper chargers than the "Amazon Basics" one I chose... IDK.
If it's true that fast charging eventually ruins batteries, *Maybe* (but I will never really know) that's why they dumped PPS. ^%$# it haunts me....

And PS, my computer completed the charge fine, TYVM. I don't know the time...an hour? And my PC outputs whatever usb 3.0 outputs...
(seriously, hmm).

Train-of-thought mechanics: Dissection of a thought.


"Nuclear Family"
Alamagordo, clapboard houses being blown apart (I'm still looking for the film)
https://www.mentalfloss.com/posts/watch-nuclear-test-footage


No comments: