-->

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

cyberpunk Minutiae

 Intro TBA

The first paragraph from Google is just wrong, although I'd have a tough time arguing the point;
The Last paragraph is exactly right.

Forget all that; A woman in a lower-range voice than usual was saying something over the City PA system, and her last word was "imnida" (which to my ears sounds almost exactly like "imida")

So...what was she saying?

How many languages are in The USA version of "Cyberpunk"???

Let's make an attempt to count...
Japanese, English, Spanish, "Creole" /Haitian, German (I think it's German), and Korean and others,
I suppose,
 that I cannot discern easily. 

I'm sure reddit/quora/google has a figure, if I google the question correctly (don't wait up)

So far the answer is confused with "support" for languages which I could not care less about,

And someone keeps chiming in about translators (the ones in little bubbles above people's heads.)

Yes, minutia-mongers, we know about the translators and the supported languages,

But I'm talking about the paid actors comprising the populace speaking lines in any language besides english, in the english (US) version of the game.

Getting that specific in google would just piss it off.

--------

I'm supposed to know what this means, only I don't.
anyway
it's Cyberpunk Minutia



Lots of blowhards internet-wide will tell you what to think,
But I doubt them.
Mr. Cyberpunk (the author) or his team would have to explain it for me to put any stock into the balderdash.

Is it a poem he/they liked, like that poem from Christina Rosetti?
"When I am dead my dearest" and etc






Someone said that you can't tell anymore who's good, who's joking, and who's evil... These blog-entries might look a little insular for a while, not that I've ever been the guy with his fingers on the pulse of society.

I'm in a game where I'm afraid to cross the fucking *street*... doesn't say much for my innate talents.

I wonder what my horoscope says....











make friends, don't be grumpy, and don't spend money I don't have (were they watching me window-shop??)
Good advice that could apply to anyone anywhere at any time, but I wondered why all the search-results were from India, are they extra-tuned into the cosmos?

I had pictures but someone somewhere might take umbrage, be offended, start a holy fucking war...



Worshippers of Molag Bal might send a


after me.

@#$^ (and other words)


Rant-bar needed here.

Waitasec

Imagine people saying stuff, writing stuff, that comes out wrong or gets picked up by the wrong crowd.
(Kinda like what I'm writing now.)
I suppose a person has to have a talent for timing. 

The full-color dream in my head (which I will now attempt to transcribe)

had to do with the family I was living with buying lots of groceries, and a lot of those groceries being juice.
Sure looked like "Ocean spray" and had an amber color. 
But (the dream said) it tasted awful, wtf was that??
The lady of the house explained with a smile it was medicine for women with women-problems.
OK, was I laying there thirsty, or was it a left-over TV commercial about a drink for women with UTI's?

(Does it matter?)
It was disturbing enough to awaken me, mission accomplished.
If only real-life were like that, messages that are meaningless, disturbing warnings to keep a person aware but happy, mostly.




No comments: