-->

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

A note about insulin

 The game is mostly over, but the philosophy is, keep going.
I don't like taking care of animals but the flying to this-or-that quest to have a few words, is OK, it passes time.

And when it doesn't, I start reading mail or google news or checking my blood-sugar.

Rocky, full of holes

Maybe they use anemic skinny patients, or maybe my body is unique.
I get hungry, I eat, then worry about my insulin.
The actual "Bolus" (impressive word, they could'a just said "dose" but the club couldn't be as hoity-toity.

The actual dose I'll keep to myself, but it's considered huge according to these guys, who seem to think insulin has the power of Superman.

It's a LOT slower than they say, but it's effective, way-way after your shot.

That's it....You don't need to eat instantly but four hours from now, best to check the levels.
Never dose twice (which you *would* listening to these guys, beeeecause, they say it should work quickly, and that's a myth)

It's not a steep hill from high-to low, it's more like a gentle grade downwards, unless you eat of course and then you kind of cancel out insulin and pack on pounds to boot.
I gotta go save "Snidgets" now...fictional little things that pass time.

And, speaking of fictional things that pass time, 

https://arstechnica.com/culture/2023/05/this-is-catfishing-on-an-industrial-scale/

I had a thought, if whoever you're writing to is intelligent witty and fun to write to, they might be professionals.
Are they mean, quick to anger, with demented political views...they're more likely to be real (except they lied about age and weight)

But (Here comes the train) fictional things get boring unless there's an ending.
Hogwarts Legacy gets real boring after the main storyline, (After the teacher dies.)

Those piddly tedious extra things you put up with or cheat through (by googling answers,) become the entire game.


If you google fictional symbology in the US, uhm, Put it this way, we've never had a scepter/mace-wielding king (prince or baron) but we do have the trappings of one.
And the symbology I have not read up on, but what are scepters and maces used for, except to bash things into submission?


s.c.h.o.r.
Much better blog, blathered-on, skimmed/glossed, nice picture:

No comments: