-->

Thursday, May 4, 2023

smoking man

 You see a work-in-progress maybe.

IDK, You hear stuff on headlined news, wonder wtf they're talking about.

So this is folderol from today's front page, and my head.





Yeah, you keep talking about Hillary Clinton's basement and the "deep state,"
but you forgot to mention Harlan Crow.





The opinions expressed seem to conflict, and I don't know the whole story.
But worms turning, fitting shoes ("Shoe fits") and other bromides come to mind.


The quote in my head is a misquote...and it isn't clear.
A nut (the quote says) takes random things and connects them. 
"Lone Gunmen"


Well I don't connect stuff (not yet). The wall (big huge ginormous) of text this guy writes does that for me. Actually no, uhm, I have no idea what he wants except maybe he despises left-wingers(?) 
and he uses the googled phrase 'connect dots.'


A dinky program Microsoft done wrote and stuck onto modern PC's, is prolly being used by hackers to install viruses, excuse my dot connecting.
WHY would I say this?
Surely, yada blah whatever, safe and efficacious.
Well, then explain this:


"winget" is supposed to be in "C:\users," and it is, but it's a zero-byte false file.
The REAL file is elsewhere, as shown.
Hackers would know this anyway...but I didn't, and helpful sites pointing me to the wrong directory, um, aren't very helpful.
I suppose I could uninstall-reinstall the app from the app-store, but why tempt fate.
Actually I was only (uhm) downloading the latest powershell, prolly a potential big-ass-fire hazard, but ... o, and "Winget" would have done that *within* powershell (I think.)
It is maybe significant that it is not a built-in command neither from powershell nor windows, but an optional app, best left alone.
Click me











No comments: