-->

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

more thots

 


(link)
Surgeries cost way too much, eats away their profits, and stockholders are pissed.

"market capitalization", 'K, I *think* that means money they've amassed, aka profits, but I prolly have to shift my paradigm to know the real meaning.

But six point four percent... I wanna know what that works out to.

The math is too strong, I cannot do it. Let's just say that according to the article, 
29 Billllllllion is only 6.4 percent of the real number, prolly a trillion

The things they profit off of (patients) must be extremely profitable.

But how to actually get a number? 
I'm really bad at math.

I think I'm looking at it wrong:

459.86 +6% is one single share, yesterday (before the drop),
times a zillion shares (right?)

29 billion divided by 489.29 is, close to 59-million shares.

Your gall bladder operation is a money-loser.
(My) solution: (that they're prolly gonna do soon)
Raise all copays
Hire more consultants to add to the patient's bill

(dump some surgeries as unnecessary
(wait for patients to nearly die of something)
(Use cheaper surgeons)

It's confusing just which company they're really talking about...
So the CEO's have different names.

Witty?
Thompson?

They are compensated well into the Millions,
and could spend the equivalent of a share or two on lunch.


They're not poor, that's for sure

Although, uhm, even *I* know that 1.5 million is lots less than 20.9 million.
Maybe they're speaking of taxable income.

So yeah, the next time you're hospitalized remember that these guys gotta eat (or something, wtf??!!)




I've been *told* by people who know,
that the medical facility that stabs your arm randomly for an IV,
lost their vein-finder long ago (did someone steal it?)
and they are not hopeful about a new one anytime soon.
Wanna know what they cost?
Try nearly $2000 (slightly less) or much much cheaper models that barely work at all (they kind of shine a light through your skin, like some damn flashlight, and overcharge tons.)

I'm not particularly generous, I'd rather suffer the jabs from getting randomly stabbed than show up with a meter people would borrow and lose (or steal.) But those cheapo gimmick ones, I'm not sure.
Beeecause, could you get people to actually use it? Or would they ignore it and choose to stab randomly instead?
People who draw blood all day everyday are damn-near painless, but we're talking about IV people with various duties only one of which is setting up an IV.
These guys (insert snarky here) and could really use a decent meter, but the decent meters cost too much. I know I said that, but I'm avoiding your slings and arrows.
This fleshlight company has their finger on the pulse of what patients might choose to pay, because CEO's are too fucking greedy to buy one (their stock might fall)


How do they normally work?
In the $1900 models, a really fancy digital display shows an actual diagram based upon sensors.|
The cheap ones (like the above) skip all that and use special colored lights to shine brightly on your skin...I don't know much more than that.
800nm or so, gotcha


The active Displayport cable technology I use, and very expensive 1200baud modems that used to exist, even $100 four-function calculators, attest to the fact that some will charge whatever they can get, relying on marketing to (get you to pay thousands more than you should)
Nihilistic viewpoint


In other words, I've learned not to question WHY a cheaper item works, it just does, be happy.
IOW if the professional stabbing your arm is happy, if they don't fail fifty times on their own before FINALLY giving up and using your little store-bought meter (It has to look impressive enough for them to want to try it,)
THEN it'll be less painful, unless the nurse is in a foul mood.

I'm all like, "Impressive, yet cheap," I need to research this someday.

It makes ya wonder, hmm

---------
what does a generic stereotypical hacker look like?
Google's top-front page seems to know.





No comments: