-->

Friday, June 23, 2023

narcolepsy and stuff



 A well-researched blog-entry would have a list of the most sleep-inducing games.
This isn't well researched; I only know that games making you walk for miles, put me to sleep. (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) Kill the thing.
Walk (and walk) to the place, and kill the thing(s).


Which brings me to "Dark souls 3" which people on Reddit like, but they also liked "Red Dead Redemption" which I own but never got past the first chapter.

I played Marlboro-guy while the women were huddled up in a dark, drafty cabin, and my horse nearly froze to death.

Games (my games) cost money, subscription services scare me, I go through this more and more often lately (is there no durably interesting game?)

I had a list of potential games but I lost it; You already know which games are best.

I forgot.
Most games (not all) are like a script in some guy's head that gets added on to, stretched, bore-ified.
"Bioshock infinite" was an excellent game.
I have Way-no idea about "Dark souls 3", do monsters appear from every predictable corner? Do little health-boxes magically appear?
Do I get a newer (*yawn*) sword?
What's the neighborhood like? ("secret sidewalks," etc.)
Most importantly (to me): Is the game repeatable and just as fun? (Almost as fun, tolerably decent? Or does it make you sleep)
And does the trainer "Wemod" work?
I haven't played without "Wemod" for years, hmm
I already Own this game,
I already *played* this game (apparently)
I must have hated it and blocked it out of my memory
I'm playing it again, you walk to stuff and kill things.
You have to ask the guy who asks you to talk to the guy who wants a favor and then you'll get the info the first guy wanted so You can get....something, I forgot.
"Nested quests" aren't as bad as puzzles, but they're pretty bad. You end up cringing from total strangers because they might want something...
I'm imagining the musical group "America" and their song "Horse with no name."
You can't diss video games (or rock groups) without taking a lot of flak. 
(But zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
I forgot about my wishlist

Dishonored was OK, I could cheat tons and the protagonist was actually on a biggie mission, to save her dad and recover the throne, and the whole atmosphere was eastern-european (like maybe Transylvania.)
Comes now the sequel, a boat owner, who owns a boat and used to be deformed (seriously injured) but isn't anymore.
So I felt guilty for not really wanting it, unless it was real cheap.
Well now it's real cheap. What's my excuse now?
Lust academy looks like a Hogwarts-knockoff. 
I think I was in-between games 
and I didn't buy it because it smelled cheesy. IDK.



If you *Don't* work in an office, with people like 


You prolly wouldn't worry about getting your phone ridiculed by the confidently stewpid, and you don't need a newer model.
But I did wonder.
Well apparently a confident dumbass wrote an article entirely dedicated to google Pixel phones, as a reason not to buy the galaxy A54.
Yes it has a memory-card, the pixel does not, yes it's bigger, BUT (yada snot-picking reasons)
Pick your friends, pick your phone, not pick your friend's phone (beecause the one you pick will be defective or incompatible or not on sale like some other model.)
I should be *happy* with my phone, it just sits there eating up battery power like some overweight cat, but (read the above) I got bored, and you can't hold a controller while eating (*I* can't)
This shill left out google pixel 6/7/7a

The pixel 6a is not available, although it beats 7(a?) performance-wise.
But *fine*, my next phone will be a google pixel-something (which I could not afford last time, and I'm not happy about that)
Less Bloatware!! You sold me.
Fuck the damn camera, how does it SOUND??!!
What is the BATTERY-LIFE like?
Freakin buy a damn camera or stfu
The 6a was better.

No memory card for you!
*MY* POS duffer has a 128G card to go with the 128G storage.
Every new version comes with less stuff.
Whut?
(Bah)

OK, I'm off to (dinner is over), uh, tba 
("best sounding phones"
 (cost $1400.00 or so)
Buy a cheap-shit trendy toy, or go Caligula (and drop it in the toilet and despair)
I'm still looking (not that you have to keep reading or anything)

Cuz "Pro" is for people like me (who aren't really sure what's out there, don't wanna read tomes)
(So fucking cool) But not according to the office hags, I'm sure.


Not sure this'll be adequate 
to counter shit tides of mis-info, hmm:
Of the samsung s2xPlus/pro/caligula,
The iPhone 14-Pro/tac/whatever,
and the Pixel 7-Pro(tac/etc)
The pixel has the least bloatware.
Right or wrong??



I'd be much more enthused if the website saying this wasn't "AndroidPolice.com"







On the other side of cult-propaganda,
(link)

If they have online little stores to download stuff from, uh....why do they feel the need to pre-stuff crap onto a phone?
Lemme guess, apps for motion-sensors, a GPS-thingy, the weather.

So I'm looking at the current phones T-Mobile offers, 
And The Motorola flip phone,
a RAZR+ 2023 model, 
one of the most expensive phones T-Mobile has.

'K I'm out-of-love with flip-phones, and I'd get all paranoid about the folding-screen.


Samsung-yada-flip-whatever


And anyway, Seriously, no Memory card?
And which phone handles the "drop test" best?
Battery, drop test, a memory card, (Ya know, "A54" looks better and better)
Who da fuck cares if it has a glass bottom?
Reviewers, that's who.
YOU have the phone in a damn case and wouldn't notice, (I'm still editing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbrRoykAKg
(seriously rich guys and their toys)


And you never cared (before) how much storage-memory the phone had, because you could upgrade it, and swap cards with friends (fellow spies, whatever).
Well they killed that feature, killed it good.
Charging More for Less, and using some of the massive profits to bribe reviewers.
When you google "phone" and "Durability" you get tons of articles on "S23" and not much else....I need better keywords.
Surely they have a list somewhere, scratch and drop and toilet tests
The video is a little biased, "It's shit but we like it,"
But it has (ta ta da DA!!) A headphone jack, a memory card slot,
and (get this) Removable batteries.
Don't get this phone if you work in an office with long-fingernailed harpies, but it kind of rocks (in the videos/reviews, anyway)
https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-xcover6-pro-review/
Left-handed complements dot the reviews, it's old-fashioned to want a removable battery?
And this guy forgot or was paid not to say that memory cards are disappearing.
But does it *work*?
(IDK)
Will T-Mobile even sell it to you?
IDK(!!)
They have it, "for business" but that might mess with your rate-plan.
But that's "Verizon" but still.
(so you buy a phone, stick in a sim-card, and what...???)

The sustainable eco-wannabes should love this phone, but apparently not.



In fact, nearly all T-mobile's phones are lacking, somewhat. Sure the absolute Top's are there, but anything lower is lacking.
I wrote (then erased) a memory about choosing a carrier based upon the phones, but seriously pick "Amazon" or whatever, or be disappointed. (IDK)
64 ratings? 


No comments: