-->

Friday, September 15, 2023

Influencers

 Severe writer's block ensues.
Book burners (not mentioning any names) must've fired off many missives about the "Shadowheart swim scene," and my mind rifled through the list of suspects.
Being vague (Because I can always edit or find better writers)
(By the way, having a zillion people on your team matters little if there isn't some way to control the play order. If all your characters are lockpicking couch potatoes that get killed a lot.....)
https://www.gosunoob.com/baldurs-gate-3/shadowheart-romance-scene-bug-solution-bg3/ 
But it's still there, if you follow all the rituals.
Lemme see.... Passing through Baldur's gate from the shadow-place (lands, dark, creepy place) you're automatically thrown into a camp.
If (using common sense) you tell shadowheart to talk to that angel, you get a lot of nothing.
(uh) I don't know, stuff gets mashed together in my head, but after the battle in the astral plane, Player talks to the angel and shadowheart magically appears and gets her revelation.
Leave the (fake) camp, walk five steps and camp for real.
When you do, Orin leaves a message.
Shadowheart, having already turned her hair white, says she feels unclean.
Then the little movie starts. Unless you're the wrong character or if it's tuesday (the exact sequence of events eludes me)
I thought I knew what to do but that was two playthroughs ago.
(all of this assumes you talk every chance you get at camp)
Then she *finally* says something about a solution and to wait until the others are asleep.
Unwinnable crap:
To help the grove you kill the trolls, which puts you on some wanted list at the border, and some pissant border-guard tries to kill you.
Everyone hates the border-guards anyway, and no consequences, but it's a very long pointless battle.
The one about shadowheart's heart (the movie) I honestly have no clue.
We know Shadowheart hates Githyanki, and me, I personally don't like Pointed ears as a cosmetic feature, but there are no hints anywhere (that I know of) pointing to a happy marriage.
OK, *Fine,* whut-ever (geez)

Shadowheart is an elf, and knows a thing or two about makeup, 
But I like human "Head 2" with hair-80 and pinkish skin, and very black hair.
Not today, or be alooone at the end (I could always "do it" with the damn mind-flayer, he Always comes through with his lines, not like reticent/shy Shadowheart)
&^%$,!!!
Bare-chested Mindflayer is gross, I was being kind (cuz that's how I play my character, when she isn't killing)
*I* think playing-nice with the fake-kid and the fake newspaper-reporter might
win her, not sure.
Or was it an NPC I mowed down.
(link) lists and ranks races, and racial preferences don't match their looks.
I think I briefly played a character with the pallor of a mushroom, but (I swear) every damn time I make a choice based upon someone else's opinion on a webpage, I lose bigtime. 
Anyone standing up to "Steel watch", anyone with high initiative, buuuut nnooo, you go on about "Stealth". &^%$ stealth, I wanna mow down the opposition.
    Yada-whatever missile is useless. Five hits per turn and they barely dent.
I like this game, having pared out the BS and the trivia, but I still don't really know how to play. Kill pointlessly, or pursue shadowheart.
I'd prefer Shadowheart, live and let live otherwise.

Solution: (maybe?) Bypass the trolls. goblins.

(Which is hard beeeecause my entrance goes either through the pointless and bombastic witch, or through the trolls goblins.

BG3 is not a "fetch it" game like starfield, making it more interesting, and more frustrating as well.
Read this poem (https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46473/if---)

and come back to see if you see any parallels.
But TLDR, you're gonna piss off *somebody* and will need to fight.

The larger characters in the game require "strajedy"



My game is like a play that gets repeated every day and twice on weekends, that some have seen and object to, although I really only have one objection.

How is it nothing happens at all ever unless you cheat enormously or google the right answers?
Yes you can buy newer swords and armor that make you stronger, faster, but only after you get rich. (or kill tons)
Cheated some gold or googled good locations for money, (am I ranting yet?)
I kind of think maybe Shadowheart prefers a certain type of person with a certain type of genealogy, but I have no proof.
Unless maybe you googled the perfect master race...
Genocide all goblins to receive praise / condemnation (maybe death) later.
My own personal script is set, but maybe the choices I make push shadowheart away.
Is the gated community of the grove worth saving? 
(yada 20 more choices)?
*what* do you *want?*
Should I have defended "Raphael" (any port in a storm)
Should I have eaten more worms,
Should I be an elf? They're very trendy.
Beef up the dexterity so damn high that you're always the first to fight (but I think maybe they patched that one)
Choose a race / occupation that can stand up to darkness and gigantic metal robots,
And still win Shadowheart's heart, Yeah that about covers it.


(umpteenth edit try)
"yada MURDER HOBO" yada f'n whatever
"Murder-hobo"
Yada not a curse, so can't be de-cursified
Oh! it's another fucking bug, gee thanx
Well, isn't that special (morality to the rescue)

There's this cowardly f'n guy in the goblin temple I wasn't sure if I should kill, so I didn't, and this is the thanks I get?
Work and slave, and for what?
Enemy of the people, criminal.
So (the page says) kill all witnesses (aka the yellow-guy)
Bye, yellow guy. (yellow-circled blond guy, don't read between my lines)



No comments: