-->

Monday, September 11, 2023

Malaise II Dizzy

 If I google dizziness, I'm bound to have cancer, in the middle of a stroke or a heart attack, or maybe the flesh-eating bacteria has begun to eat my brain.

Or it *could* be one of those ear things, excess wax.

What it looks like before the aliens abduct you into their spacecraft

hello?
Heeelllo??
More to the point, my computer is still running slow.
The bright-bulbs at AMD made Adrenalin capable of changing the CPU's settings, and I can't find any dusty-tome dust-mite infested reason it's slower than before, perhaps it's Tuesday.
And as for me, *I'm* prolly spaced-out on generic imodium.
Oshit, whut?? (ooomm)


So, (uh) I changed PBO (precision boost overdrive) from "advanced" to plain old enabled, the one where they set impossibly high limits.
Ryzen-master still says PPT=0
but (get this)
I got an insanely high 3dmark CPU score, not seen by me at any time before.
(I'd be happy with 15,700)
Useless score but it makes a real perty picture.

(The morning after)
I only have half my cores enabled!!!
So stop with the parsimonious praise, the heaping pile of condescension
("That'll do, pig")
Half the cores because 3dmark wants it that way, but Cinebench r20 holds its condescending nose.
OTOH I'm better than a couple days ago.

I'm assuming (probably correctly) that the version of windows I am running is extremely important to benchmarks, but that's not the whole story. Bah, skipped over for boringocity.
But just in case I become enfeebled within a few minutes or days:
Late-July version, Ancient by Win11 standards.
Well, it's been a good life....




Not one, two crazy women exist in my tiny town.
(OK more but I only know two)
One is paranoid and will broadcast to anyone who'll listen, that I stare at their eyes (I tend to do that talking to people)
And the other woman gets all "I gotta call on this guy at 3AM" having never met me (officially) or knowing anything about me (It was my raggedy purple shirt, no doubt)

If you call PC's "she" then I guess the third crazy lady sits on the floor next to me.




-------------------
Mccarthy, a bigwig politician, is seeking to impeach Biden.
And what does Jim Jordan think?
That's sorta the train of thought, a short crazy-train to nowhere.
With a stop at Nexstar Media, whose news you prolly watch.



https://www.allsides.com/news-source/newsnation-media-bias#about
(Every guy working in a newsroom is leftist, except for Nexstar (wtf??)

If your view is the way/truth, of course you'd think it was centrist and everyone else is a reactionary wingnut or communist.

"dark money leftist" according to a guy (some guy) quoted in "The Hill"
Hmm
So if Trump is convicted, he's a superstar martyr (like Che) 



but if he is exonerated, duck and cover.

Third choice: he's convicted and put away on a golf-course, and the next president (using dark money) will forgive him everything.
I'm not seeing a win here.


I had something else to add but my HTML got screwed up and 18 lines were erased....
Maybe I was mumbling something about self-proclaimed centrists being all righteous, and none dare call them batshit-crazy....nevermind, it'll come to me.

Yeahbutt...what the hell did he actually say?
What did he dress up, what did he hide
(and why?)



It's an issue, whether Nature / God release carbon dioxide and we poor (trillionaire) manufacturers have to bow to the will of Nature / God.
Or is it, "blowing smoke? Buy a tree" in the convoluted carbon exchange program.
(Actually I'm totally guessing, don't quote me at parties)


I'd love to have an opinion, but I won't pay to hear yours, so go ahead and castigate me with your droll "Ignorance is bliss" bullshit.
Who, after all, would know more about global greening than the Republican Party?


Yeah we know, cows fart, bears shit in woods and plants eat carbon dioxide (apparently), so why does that have anything to do with sending cars to mars?
Invest in canned air.

Tree good; Farm Bad
It's fucking complicated, not some damn political football.
NASA's greening (they point to it) is either trees (good) or aggressive farming (bad.)
I need a nap now.






No comments: