-->

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

BG3: My first fix

 OK this gets complicated quick, so I want to put down the kernel of what I'm trying to say.

The latest BG3 patch was called "Patch3_hotfix3.pak"
and with it installed, everyone is celibate (everyone who matters, anyway)

Renaming the file to something unusable by the game *fixes* the beach-romance, which hasn't actually happened yet but I've gotten the all-important "unclean" speech and the warning to wait until everyone is asleep to meet Shadowheart down the coast.
Hours ago I dumped the underwear (which the patch patched, only it broke the scene so it kind of ruined it anyway)


I might upload a screenshot here but it seems redundant.
I might also wonder, if this "fix" is so damned obvious, why no one else has brought it up, but I know why: the cool trendsetters have moved on to more recent games, this game being so last-month.







Unfortunately, my "fix" only worked *once* and after that, nothing.

My latest experiment is, erase all the hotfixes for patch-3.

(Patch3 itself is mandatory or else the game becomes impossibly hard, and ugly, to boot.)
Editing stuff no one reads is like having a serious conversation with yourself on a subway-platform, but there's prolly an ugly bespectacled guy listening and waiting to laugh and say something snarky.
So, even though this is mostly to myself, I want to emphasize that this is just one more experiment.

The experiment failed, and I still get the "we almost made it girl, didn't we?
We almost made it, this time!!"




But everyone says "be brave" and click on that line anyway, and *maybe* shadowheart relents and puts out.
IDK.



Not sure where to put this, but since it is a blog:
My phone's virtual keypad goes black and there's no way to wake it, in the middle of a call,
on the 50th question of a voicemail system.
Not sure if tiny offices are becoming more paranoid or just like to show off, but in the middle of the bombastic, the crucial "Press one to continue" can't be pressed because the screen takes a nap!

I'm gonna try some online solutions.
I've changed my ringtone from "Ethereal dream state" to a f'n noisy bell,
Something I should'a done last week, and I *think* I figured out how to avoid narcolepsy when getting lectured by answering systems.
<bombastic rant>
Whenever someone actually calls, the phone is across the room and/or I cannot find it in time to answer. Today my phone was playing soft music, which I assumed was part of my waking-dream (it wasn't.)
Maybe I should install a hook by the bed, hmm.

"Credit approval, deposit, qualifying service, and, in stores & on customer service calls, $35 assisted support, upgrade support or device connection charge due at sale. Equipment Installment Plan: 0% APR. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due. Availability and amount of EIP financing subject to credit approval. Down payment & unfinanced portion required at purchase. Balance paid in monthly installments. Must remain on qualifying service in good standing for duration of EIP agreement. Late/non-payment fees may apply. Participating locations only. Examples shown reflect the down payment & monthly payments of our most creditworthy customers; amounts for others will vary.

In case I was dreaming of another phone (upgrade):
As near as I can figure, $0 Down means:
$0 +EIP (what you owe on your current phone)
AND Tax, and god help you if you call them up, it's $35.
So $150 burning the proverbial hole in your pocket, an upgrade is do-able, but not smart.

No comments: