-->

Saturday, November 18, 2023

clever crap in video games

 People who write video games try to show off sometimes, and some of them succeed.

But this is different.


I wrote about this but once again the game bores me (since I already know about the impossibly hard puzzle to come), 
OTG it isn't just me and my low-brow mentality







and I forgot what I wrote (I forgot I was boiling some eggs and they exploded)

Schroeder's box

In a perfect world, once ya buy a cat and stick it in a box, the cat could be dead (from heat or neglect), so (here's the "there is no spoon" part)

The cat is both alive and dead.

TaDa! PhilOsophy.

But in my game, you've already been to two universes, each coexisting next to the other, so bah humbug on your ass.
Yes, in one universe the cat's tonight's dinner, but in the other (you were just *there* so you already know this) the cat is alive.

The paradox (in the game, which they totally made up) is, you can only pick One reality.
My bah humbug (there's a fancy word but I don't know it) light-bulb moment is, if (al la game) you can exist quite happily in TWO universes and eventually be stuck in One, the other doesn't go away, disappear.

So RIP cat, but you live on, in another reality/universe.

What my game has to do with "Schrodinger" is more of a contrived plot dialogue than anything else... (anyway):

People party on whether or not you're in the outer darkness weeping,
Because (IDK) there's two realities, the republicans running everything (Luke 22:28-30) and the other reality with the (out of fashion & underdressed) people with bad teeth.





The end.


PS 



In electronics, there can be three digital states (High, Low, "Ble?" ("whut?")

or so it exists in my head, but.... then they assign a state to the third state and the analogy is spoilt.

"Hi-Z" WTH is that? How the hell does a computing device or a volt meter measure "Hi-Z"?

A clever idea in my head ruined by reality.

IF in fact there is a way to confidently measure the third tri-state, the subject has no meaning, so nevermind.


No comments: