-->

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Streaming (or something)

 

Holy crap, you all really pay that?

OK actually this started out as a train of thought to stream a couple "Dr. Who" episodes.



It's no biggie, but TV isn't all that interesting lately.
I've got a google-cast dongle, if I could ever find it, 
Amazon Max-something costs $10 monthly, I think.
I got confused because when I googled "Max" they kept talking "Firestick", 
and I don't think I want that (because you'd need it AND a subscription??)
OK none of these blogs (just so you know, dammit) dispense free advice, 
they're more (uhm) journeys of curiosity, 
and the occasional rant, 
so I wouldn't listen to me either, 
not being young and beautiful and (so) with no internet gravitas.
Sheesh.



Where was I....Dr. Who? Without the bundled crap I'd never watch?
*I* thought, it would be on some british TV service. Now I remember, this all started when a "Britbox" commercial was on. But they never mentioned "Who".


Usually *I* need to watch two or three shows to get a feel for what's going on, plus they usually repeat them four or five times (which is why I'm not too hot on buying season "9")

I wouldn't buy them at all, and maybe I won't.

But maybe I will.

I wonder about the last two (12,13) seasons being half-price, was there a sale or were the shows not so good?


It's so confusing looking for a particular episode.
"Into the Dalek" and "asylum of the Daleks" are both described by different people as the episode(s) that Clara/Oswald is turned into a Dalek.
So....I figured, go for the latest, minus a season or two to catch up.
That means purchasing (I think) the only woman-doctor episodes.
IDK.


No mention of Clara in the blurb.
NVM (I guess)

Old dude-Who vs younger Who.
Helper-minions.
Old vs "new(er)" episodes. 
I don't think my opinions have merit, but (since I asked)
Young, newer, more beautiful minions and friends.
English-teacher face, pursed lips, neither old nor new
(hmm)
Now's as gooda time to rant that some photos I upload look candified, or maybe it's my monitor adjusting itself.

No one mentioned Who's wife Riversong (I'm not sure of her name) but that would be on a best-list for me. 
Except the charm and the horror of a TV show (eg "the twilight zone") loses something after watching it again and again. (so forget "Best-of" lists)
Lizard Lady and her girlfriend, was a fond memory I just dredged up, but I couldn't add it to a list, not knowing who she was (really) or her backstory.
So if I do this, shell out big bucks for old shows, it'll be gambling on whatever's been done in the last few seasons, which apparently are not on any list.
OMG, who died...?

If I see a dentist who does not dismiss me out of hand, doesn't want $200 a month for years, uhm, 
(oh) and if I can stretch my food budget for the rest of the month,
THEN maybe I could buy something to kill time, but it's doubtful, the horizon is foggy and gray.


(the winds blow menacingly, distant thunder can be heard, aka "the future looks bleak")










No screenshots allowed?

Yes, screenshots possible Now for something piquant and pathotic



 


No comments: