-->

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

3am stuff

 A dragged-out story of a painting you've prolly never heard of, 
was the subject of a PBS documentary. (I say "PBS" and the AI engine instantly typed "Documentary.")
https://www.biography.com/artists/caravaggio-italian-painter-criminal-murderer is much more interesting and a LOT shorter.

Not this painting, but this artist, who had a way more interesting story than the damn documentary.

My game is an anachronism, they stick in modern themes with stuff that would be more at home with the painting.
No one had guns but they used explosives. (OK maybe someone somewhere has a gun but I can never use them and no one has used one on me)
So Anyway, the most repeated word in the game is "Obtain" which in itself is kind of an anachronism, no one says that word (do they?)
I'm bringing it up because my brain continually reads the word wrong.
I read it as italian or french, and then something nudges my brain to interpret the letters to mean "pick up" or "take."
The word itself has been called "Formal" and I'm of the opinion it is used in legal language and in matters of property.
No one explains anymore why there are so many words meaning the same damn thing.
Bah, humbug (humbug, I say)
The next time you're hosting a party and someone compliments the 
hors d'oeuvres, try smiling and saying, "Obtain!!" and if they don't give you a strange look and walk away, (or maybe they'll just blurt, "Whut?")

I still remember the damn parties, the girl with the 80's teased hair who didn't know I can't stand parties, who was extremely miffed I embarrassed her in front of her fair-weather friends by not sitting down across a table from her!
 (I was a little mad it wasn't next to her, I'd have to shout whatever sweet stuff I could come up with across the table and small crowded room of gossiping people)
I chose to leave the room instead, and got dumped forthwith.
What? O, yes, 


o.

(You thought it was a disney employee, right?)



I had a very brief (extremely short) thought about writers and painters of old, and the shit passing for social commentary now. (AKA Bill Maher)




The "springs," or whatever, reset after a playthrough, and sometimes the hints from google are useless (the guy alidoro cannot be killed in my game)
The vendor won't sell me a cure for Antonia. OK he did, but nothing much happened.
The servant of Antonia is so despondent after her death, he wipes his memory of anything and chooses to become a robot.
 I should have checked, I guess.

I'm despairing that this time-killer is as pointless as that space game I bought but never liked much.
"You Feel warmth"
But I'm still a "useless puppet"
This game smells already, I'm moving onto something winnable
 (or is winning passé )
Actually, today the player's hair turned gray, a prized benchmark.
The next benchmark is to pet the hotel-cat successfully.
You eventually get a humongous staff. Yay.
Life sucks
They don't tell you tons, so I will say a teeny bit:
don't "skip" at the end of Geppetto's speech.
Don't try to replay right away, go back to base and listen to the last few lines of the cast members. 
Clothes matter but only two or three times. Most of the clothes are pointless.
Learn to "fly" (aka cheat) tons, but if you don't, you're tons better than me.
Imagine these game-writers designing anything anywhere...
Bloodborne, do I own it? 
People keep mentioning it. 
No but I own "dark souls III." 
I think I hated it.

The decaying tower in the end has very busted stairs, holes in the floor and miles of scaffolding, but the single perfectly functional thing is the happy faces that thrust themselves out of a wall to push you off a narrow walkway, before retracting back into the wall. 
I'd expect someone somewhere to reference a penis joke or two, but no one does, 
although someone Did mention those "Flaming balls" 
which serve the same anti-personnel purpose.
Floors that open suddenly to swallow you up would be more feminine; I'm trying to brainstorm a taco-shaped weapon, (a venus flytrap?) that lures you in and crushes you.
So (let's review) rock hard things that retract, flaming balls, green gas.

I swear I've never played some of these, nor heard of them either



No comments: