-->

Monday, January 29, 2024

water (or something)

 I don't really know why they wrote an article on Mars (this article)
But it seems to me, the way they carefully worded it, 
that an icy meteor or a watery comet could have crashed onto Mars long ago, leaving behind traces.
It's just a random thought, don't have cows.


One day way in the future someone somewhere will find machinery on Mars and wonder where it came from.....I'm only wondering about naturally occurring stuff like liquid (ammonia, etc)




OK I'm forced to listen to unintelligible songs in English or French.
The english songs are mostly mumbled...
But the French songs are clearly spoken if impossible to understand.
The demonic whispering that some of the players perform is probably nightly news through a filter...
I wondered about All the songs (what else am I supposed to do?)
and, sometimes I look them up.
I had in mind a mumbly-rant about spelling and why words are never spelled the way they sound.
"Longue" in French is spelled exactly like "Tongue" in english.
It's a PITA.

You could forgive the French for prettifying their language, but what's the English excuse?
(Tongue vs tung)
"Tung" wasn't good enough, there must have been a snob-off to add persnickety letters,
 tung-tunge-ton(!)gue(?)

So hundreds of years ago the english were Francophiles, the way the PBS people are Anglophiles today.
(maybe)
It's much more interesting learning why sandwiches are spelled that way, but not relevant at all to anything in the game.





No comments: