-->

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Google it already

 Scylla
was a scary monster.
"Charybdis" was an insult (cursed), a giant hole sucking down the men trying to get away from her (a whirlpool?)



Scylla had man-eating dogs at her waist...I forget her head.

I also get the names mixed up as they are usually in pairs.

Wait, I'll look


12 feet, six heads (not counting the dogs)

Lilith (not to be outdone) was a dead spirit inhabiting the bodies of husbands and wives. She(?) snacked on kids.

What to talk about on cold nights

OTOH "Lilith" (from the exact same article) was a feminist and highly praised by modern womanhood, so nvm....I was just, you-know, wondering. ->>>

Lettuce discuss for a second, why women co-writing a game might choose Scylla and Charybdis as online names. (the spelling is irrelevant)

*I* wondered, although it probably never came up during the game (on TV)

and (because I will never know anyway) I moved on to online references.

Geez!


As you mature, you stop seeing your mother as a goal and your father inhibiting you from that goal, but *some* less mature people, uh, well google it.
Surely there is a much trendier, um, widespread notion.
Like OK a tattoo of either Scylla *or* Charybdis (the whirlpool) might be hard to draw.
And your nicknames might get made fun of (Silly, Carrie.)





yeahbutt...
This reference makes more sense.

Plus it's the name of some town somewhere (Cambria?)
O___K, show me "Scylla, Cambria, UK"

That's not wales...anyway...

The second part of this train-of-thought is way harder to type since I have no references at all. 


George Lopez, a comedian, did a comedy routine YEARS ago about monsters his family made up to keep him in line.
I don't think it was "Chupacabra" and in fact, George wrote a damn book about kids and chupacabras, which skews all my searches.
So no way am I going to find that particular joke in a very old routine he did.
So I totally gave up and wondered about monsters, famous ones, elsewhere in the world.
This is vague and confusing ("Japan?") 
But the same cast of characters 
(Zombies, ghosts)
Shit eating ghosts, now that's a new one.
allĂ­


Cruella, our evil guardian, made up this story about kids who are bad and get taken away by CPS and put in foster-homes, where they have automatic whipping-machines (she had a sound effect for the whips.)
She retold the story to a horrified social worker who told her it was Not appropriate (I'm guessing the lady ran a home of her own on the side, but nevermind)






No comments: