-->

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

σταματά τη γνώμη μου

 https://www.vox.com/scotus/2024/3/19/24106087/supreme-court-texas-border-united-states-amy-coney-barrett

I don't understand the link except it's written or conceived by lawyers,
 political ones, 
And if I have an opinion on my new pixel 7 I'm carefully avoiding it to study up some more.
I wrote and erased, then issued a different entry (this one) about the pixel 7 they sent and how it treats 5G. 
Since 5G (apparently) kills batteries faster, 
since some Reddit's and Quora-posts don't like 5G much,
 since  I don't know enough about the local neighborhood cell-towers,
 I'm staying my opinion until such time as my Pixel
 does something else real stupid or stellar.
It's cute, IDK. 
My lower opinion was, 5G sucks on the phone but 4G seems fine.
VONR, VOLTE, these are just letters to me and the people on the other end hang up or drop out (I don't know), and the line from an article "Your plan must support vo5g" is troubling, I don't really know, should it?
Why isn't their cell-phone network good enough?
So many questions asked of me and I have no answers.
Ble?
VoNR ensures a seamless WHUT?
Hey I just wanna call the bank (or whatever)
You don't have to draw pictures and talk slow,
Will it help with the Home's Voicemail system or not?
That robot I call that constantly says "I didn't get that,"
is that you?
I feel as though my phone is 30 years too soon...
We're talking Hard-Core, Dyed-in-wool fanatics, I think
The elephant-in-the-room question:
Lousy signal or, Lousy Phone??



calls dropping like flies, that's 4g/5g/wifi (I'm still guessing)
You kind of need some intestinal fortitude to leave yourself a message, everyone else in this 8-Billion strong world, every sales organization everywhere, can't be bothered...



But OK yeah, suck it up and dial your self, leave a message.
Except you mumbled to hide the fact you're talking to yourself and you sound drunk (ooooo, so That's where people get that from) or mumbly.
My uncle was a great conversationalist with new phone-trials.
He's gone.
I'm by my self now...(Voicemails)
*I* think the cell-phone planners planned their fancy-ass 5G antenna a little farther up the hill than the grizzled LTE antenna. My A53 (which came out around the same time as Pixel 7) was straight from T-mobile, but the new phone is a stranger in this territory, it's agnostic (gasp)
THESE guys have it all figured out, they just don't, ... explain it very well
(Why would my phone want to/need to talk to every phone in town?
Phht.)

My bulleted flowchart would look something like this:
To SAVE power, is the signal crappy unless the phone needs something (some data or you calling someone)?
I...forgot the other one, except the bottom line would be, it's incomprehensible that 5G would be so bad unless a few horrible facts are true, and they cannot be (can they??) So it *must* be me, *you* have no problems.

Lenovo says 5G UC is "Ultra connectivity"
                     5G UC is "Ultra Capacity"

I guess it could mean both, it would depend upon the salespeople and their sales tactic.

esim..."Fi app"
(I hate algebra and puzzles)


Google Fi would be the THIRD carrier after Cable and phone, which I pay for, and it costs as much or more as the other two. (Well ok Cable is astronomical but at least they are unlimited, and you can hotspot the shit out of it)
I'm learning this morning that it is forBIDden to take screenshots, of risque screens.
Risque being anything the overweening micromanaging moderators of google apps deem inappropriate.
Well they haven't invented a way to keep other cameras from taking pictures of the nubile screen.
You'd have to click this to read
(warning: may be inappropriate for some viewers)
And I'm a lowly Sub-6



Bottom line of the picture (for the squeamish): -105dBm, 35 asu
voice and data network type: NR SA
and tiny pasties cover up the truly naughty bits.

Update (sort of)
calls received are clear and then...
It sounds almost exactly like the wind blew and scrambled the sound, or the ocean got real loud, and can you repeat what you just said??
(chirp)
Total guessing that a bigwig wireless customer gets in the way of my piddly call to download some terabits... Or maybe it's neighboring iPhones muscling-in on my signal.
Rewording my cryptic sentence: calls seem fine until they don't, and totally die.

My disdain for all things "samsung" is misplaced, on *some* phones anyway.

My lowly P7 
would cower up against a $35.00 a month phone (geez) 
and the enormous up-front cost is more than I can spend.
"No worries" say Samsung vendors, "we have cheap-ass for the likes of you"
Which would be great but I have a little pride left (not much but)

OTOH:
'Unfortunately S23 mildly put sucks'
Lettuce chews another. (what? WAHT??!!)
I wonder if I can return my phone....It was sold by a vendor, sent from Amazon.
It's since been upgraded to "Beta" which is the same.
Plus I'd need to find the box and the cable.





No comments: