-->

Monday, March 18, 2024

"whuts up, 'G' "

OK really simply, ignoring the bombastics, 
"LTE" and "G" are my two choices of cell phone towers, no fives, no threes.
Just now on my bed next to my pillow, G was working well (kind of) but LTE was superior.
Then (here) G Died, after whispering "yours is superior (bla)"

So It got me to thinking about cell phones since *forever* (1995?) and we didn't have LTE or G, we trudged through (2G? tdma/cdma) and we were happy.
So fine, pie in sky 5g, I'm determined to make a go of my pixel, it looks cool in its new invisible case.
it also isn't hard to figure out that the case will look like shit due to tea, tomato sauce and gasoline stains, but I won't care, it'll march on to victory (♪ his truth goes marching on ♪)

(link)

The two towers seeeeeem to work like, the one I am NOT connected to is very high signal, so I switch and it wilts , folds up like a house of cards.
So (right this second) G is a beacon, a bastion, and LTE is struggling  (but it's still strong)
I'm gonna totally guess,...
Hackers eat every new technology, eat it up and wait for you to come looking for it.
OTOH someone somewhere (I'll just bet) says that 5g is more secure than 4g.
Am I right? DOn't wait up, TBA

But thinking of the battery, I guess LTE is superior.
A properly formatted emergency-action-message from the beyond says,
"If you have two sim cards, you'll be limited to 4g"
(Beecata)
But the phone says the message is from "others" and I cannot find the "learn more" source, but here.






A rant undeserving of its own entry, is here, but actually I might just be going through a patch of bad-luck.
My insurance contracted out to a plan that gives you an allowance for medical supplies ("OTC" stuff) But the way they administer the plan is draconian.
Consider:
An item (bottle of pills, unguents, etc) are either covered, or they are NOT covered, it should not matter who is asking.
Groups of items in a drug store should be covered (or NOT covered,) it should not depend upon a specific *brand* or quantity.
Denture cream (generally) should (or should not) be covered, but they insist upon a brand and a type. (no extra strength.)
How does a person find out what is covered?
They want you to SCAN an item, and they'll tell you if the item is approved or condemned, but only if you log into their little app using the Insurance ID and a password. 
Translation: YOU might be out of luck on some product, but someone who rates higher up the food chain might be approved (The insurance would prolly have to pay for a more privileged   upper-crust plan)
So there I am scanning stuff, which creeped out a store employee who reported it to the manager, who explained the reason I was scanning using my duly logged-in phone.
No, I wasn't cataloging items to steal, I was asking a faceless (and rude) company for approval.

It's embarassing, unnecessary (I won't rant about it anymore)
I'll just say there are really full-of-shit people in this world, and I have an example:
https://thecontentauthority.com/blog/catalog-vs-cataloguing

Tong is a noun, Tongue is a verb












No comments: