-->

Saturday, March 30, 2024

clubby lingo get thee behind me (Electrical ground)

 Fruitless post (so far) on the concept of pre-war buildings having no ground at all,
and maybe (maybe) the "Space station" with all its fancy-ass technology having no ground to speak of (I suppose they use the hull.)

In my head I imagine there are artificial ground devices you can get for $3.99 at some electronics store....
I've heard of "Isolation Transformers" and we used them in school.... 

But breaking it down,
electronic devices are usually plugged in to a power strip, and that strip usually has a little red/green light.
Red=bad,
Green=good (It found Ground)
But physics discussions and the role of electrons,
and radio waves, are all I have found.
Plus, you can't go around connecting every damn thing in the Hovel to one protector,
which uses One simulated ground connection (like a pipe).
So this post wondered.
If there is such a device (there is, of course) Google is being obtuse about it.
Whatever makes the Power-strip happy

It would probably behoove the 1000w power supply powering all that incredibly expensive irreplaceable stuff,  and keep it from going batshit-crazy by supplying it with a soothing ground.


People all over want to Define ground with all the philosophical baggage that goes with it, and it fills the page for a well-paid writer or treatise-writing doctoral student.
Frustrating as hell.
Your car, um, the space station, uh, my hovel (the entire hovel) isn't legally grounded, and they make do.
How?
not really what I was looking for, but yeah (kind of)

The point (going off and being philosophical, which means, "trendy")
Hoping like a SOB that "neutral" which is the air I breathe, isn't magically charged up by the sun or the neighbor's iPhone, is all I can hope for so far.
*Light bulbs* mysteriously burn out quickly here. They change the f'ing fixtures to counteract the mysteriousness...

(and a reeeaallly Lonnngg drill) (and a knowledge of where the undergound pipes are)

Another day, another edited train of thought:
Just how many "Caesars" were there?
2, or twelve...IDK but here's a list
(Linkus Maximus)

Julius adopted a kid, (Octavian/ "Augustus") and those are the "two" I mentioned.  
"Gaius Octavius later Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus" what-about "augustus" (again with the damn clubby lingo, ^%$#@)
"First Roman Emperor" whuut??
I guess before that they were just reallyreally bigwigs


OOOooh.
O...k

PS Not that anyone died and made me an authority, but they don't talk much about the emperors after "Constantius" and maybe only "Hadrian (#14 on the list)
"Hadrian" was a bigwig, and the rest were no-names. I'll try to prove that for the next...(O, my time is up, I gotta go wash dishes, or something)
Wasn't he of the "wall" (Hadrian's wall)?

The 31st, just in time to start shopping around.
"Forbidden West"?
I don't remember "zero dawn" much. Is that the one where mean old women treat her like dirt and a guy loves to make fun of her? And then they all die and her "friends" being dead, it seems pointless to hang around.
I'm not remembering much else about the plot. She travels from city to city, in search of more plot. 
So I read a "forbidden West" review and 
some woman didn't like the main-character much. IDK...
When you put it *that* way, it seems so pointless.
The world is destroyed (I seem to latch onto post-apocalyptic games)



My xbox-controller is dying.
 The main "bumper" button (why doesn't anyone use the f'ing trigger??) is becoming unresponsive.

The "elite" price on credit would eat up a monthly payment.

Most of the last few entries expose subjects I know very little or nothing about, so (for example) when I read a random sentence in my Assassin's-Creed game 
(It's supposed to be in Ancient Egypt
about "Jane Eyre" I was intrigued.
The protagonist (the *alive* one) wasn't going to write a paper about her, nohow.
Jane Eyre is one of those PBS shows (and, prolly, 40's movies) that anglophiles like, but I didn't know Jane was a kind of a feminist.
Or is she whatever the british-wannabe reader wants??

https://ricochet.com/1000858/sorry-national-review-jane-eyre-really-is-awful/
digital comics?


I wouldn't know how you read comics without gloves and tweezers,
in a vault,
on sunny days,
but this entire story I've never heard of is out there for all to see. Digitally???

By the way, it wasn't "Rebecca" it was "Tess" And I was supposed to read it but never read a word, or what I *did* read has been blocked.
We discused Moby Dick but "Tess" ( Tess of the D’Urbervilles ) got left behind, IDK why.
Maybe because the teacher thought no one read the novel.
commentators on 19th century literature, unofficial unsanctioned ones, are on Quora or reddit.
Teachers would never denigrate anything that helps pay their salary and keep kids busy for a couple weeks...But c'mon, 19th century british folderol is dessicating and you've gotta pick some unbanned stuff from the twentieth (o, was I ranting?)
"Ayn Rand" ("Altruism is Eveil") comes up a lot, inculcate your charges with approved and sanctioned thoughts.

So yeah, lots of stuff I've heard of, but never read.
I don't know why it comes up in an optional section of a video-game, what am I missing out on, not reading every scrap of useless info?
The controller I'm going to use for a month has a bad USB connection, but the buttons work.
The most ergonomically-designed, most inexpensive, longest lasting controller would be much better reading material...
I don't trust this scrap of info but it makes a nice link.

Another article (link ) is more believable.


No comments: