-->

Monday, April 1, 2024

Goes nowhere, says nothing, go away


 

"Barbara Rush" died recently, the news said (on Easter) and she was one of those they would exhibit on christmas ("Robin and the seven hoods") 

And a friend told me she didn't even go by that name, although the friend is gone too so I can't ask.
She seemed so nice in movies, but in the "Hoods" movie she seemed too old to be a debutante returning from college.
In the movie she ends up running the town, her of the enormously gargantuan LONG dining-room table that TV has never been able to fit in without warping the film.

Her of the twenty or so living room lamps the movie did a comedy routine about.

I liked the image she projected in movies with scripts, but she seemed a little scary in a "Password" episode.

20 or so years ago they'd be showing the same movies, the same gameshow reruns, only now it seems like ancient times.


Reading up on the film, why they picked Barbara Rush, instead of maybe Angie Dickinson, I've been led around endlessly with no answers. Originally Gene Kelly wanted to turn it into yet another toe-tapping musical, one I would have hated.
The only ones though who turned out to hate it were some of the "East Coast elitist snob critics."
I'll never know why she got that particular part, though I am glad she did, and I'm glad Gene Kelly left the production.









Bottled up trains that haven't moved for a week:
At first I wanted hamburger, nice and lean, please?
Slow-cooked OK? Shore, says internet.
Internet also says, a woman got bird-flu from a cow!
Internet ALSO says, (I think it's reaching) jakob creutzfeldt disease eats up your brain and kills you 100%, and it's much like "Mad Cow" disease.

I smell a price-increase a-comin'.
Demand must be non-existent...but these guys think of the future.
"Beef futures" that is.
I had another train, but it's derailed temporarily.

https://www.mypatriotsupply.com/blogs/scout/beef-shortages-are-coming-prepare-now#disqus_thread apparently before the lab grown beef arives, modified by Bill Gates, we should stock up on Freeze-dried stuff,,,,it don't take much to crank up these people.
But *I'm* cranked up a different way...I've been googling beef futures (cattle futures) and there was a shortage in february, and front page news about cow-bird diseases recently.
I don't need to know every fucking disease cows get, I'm sure it's a lot, unless you're priming the pump for more cashflow.


Ahhhhhh, one more profit point.
Is it Organic Grass?Well anyway buy zero-feed, let'em eat f'n grass.
Charge Joe Consumer tons.
I'm not buying it.
I still need to ruminate on this.
Higher wages for free range organic cows, etc, but I won't believe my own self nor the first better-blog I run across...
Still. This is alt. Do they show up? If so, send 19.95 to save a poor cow.

No comments: