-->

Friday, April 5, 2024

game,sir


so far it works but it acts like a clone, slightly different but nothing you can put your finger on. (Nothing triggering an investigation)
1. a generic USB Cable doesn't seem to fit.
Eyeballing the two cables, you'd think they would, and maybe with enough jiggling...
But no.
And the weird thing is, my phone seems to accept their cable, but I have no idea if their cable is functional on my phone.
2. "Xbox One Controller" is what my windows says it is (not 'x,' not 's')
I can't help feeling a little disappointed...especially since I have two new buttons.
BUT
the old "Elite Series 2 Core" says nothing either about being special (see pic below)



The back-Buttons do *nothing* until you map them to an ordinary button, so in that sense they're great, but also, disappointing.
Actually I take that back because the flat large buttons are very easy to accidentally push in the middle of the action, and having them assigned to "nothing" is welcome, sometimes.
A remappable feature, a built-in one, is welcome.
The price is Not disappointing, you get functional back-buttons and not pay $100++.
I don't know why I would want a variable "report rate",
250hz vs 500hz, and the setting is "experimental" anyway, but there it is.
This last part is being picky, but... they feel *different*.
You could pick up one or the other in a dark room and know which one was which; Aside from the (most excellent extra buttons,)
The *grips* are different. Slightly.
I want to read up on the xbox-S "Paddles" (no I don't, not really), are they options or do they actually do anything???
Shills drooling over higher profit margins say they're useful.
Microsoft says, it depends upon the game.
Yeahbutt...
Say a game likes, wants paddles.
OK?
Will it see mine, or not?
Hmm
"Jump between sections of the interface"
is wiki-speak for (what) special software???



I like the recessed cable receptacle on the controller, it's very slight but it means the controller might survive an extra drop without tweaking the cable connector. (Maybe not, maybe that's wishful thinking.
But I dislike that I need to use their cable, 
not some generic USB-C cable, 
but that might be me or the one single controller I ordered (I don't know)
NOW comes the test:
After a month of dampness from tea/coffee, will the bumper-buttons still work, will the overused "XYBA" buttons respond?
Will the very special unique cable hold up?
-------
I abandoned a game "Bayonetta" because it was non-stop puzzles and prancing around obstacles, and "AC-Syndicate" reminds me of that.
Make a game fast-dance, never stop the action, yeah that's fine but it gets tedious as hell after three minutes.
So I'm (maybe) gonna starve this month and buy another game some people liked, and others definitely did not.
(Actually no, I need vitamin "D" real bad. OK sometime in the future, IDK)
https://www.tiktok.com/discover/nature-bounty-vs-nature-made All vitamins suck, except for mine, of course.
It's as if writers had one single theme in mind....
walk endlessly through cereal-bowl cities, 
or climb (climb, climb) or avoid chasms (chasms are usually fatal)
To get the bottle of milk.
Did you remember the cheese?
(oh, sorry) back again, repeat.
Cyberpunk was at least immersive, "Control" (the game) was very excellent,
"Death stranding" had a storyline to go with the climbing and the chasms...
I just feel like shit not knowing which genre of game I'd be happy with.
Cartoony? Realistic building stuff?
Vast (huge) landscapes you travel endlessly?
Googling puzzles is not my thing.
Remember IRL "Alexander" and the Gordian knot?
Old guys spent days inventing a knot no one could untie ever.
Alex walked up and chopped the knot with his sword, end of knot.
So yeah I love cheats, they counteract the tedium.

No comments: