-->

Thursday, April 4, 2024

personal and stuff

It's a thing, I'm convinced, that drug marketing kicks back benefits to doctors for prescribing this or that med.

Did they go to a seminar, have a nice luncheon, go to an expo?

What were the freebies? 

For whatever random f'ing reason (not casting aspersions just yet)
I'm supposed to take "Repaglinide" and dump insulin.



They must give real nice luncheons.
And the coffee cups!!


? !



OTOH My doc could just hate me...


In keeping with half of my other entries, I want to question and wonder about stuff,
and (well,) Here:

You've chosen an insurance, thanks to some saleslady or seminar 
(or a commercial)
But
What about the "Medical Group" ??
You know (I know, everyone knows)
Medicare pays an insurance,
the insurance pays a medical group.
Usually (unless you're rich or well-paid)
you need to pick a Primary-care-Physician.
My morale is real low, I'm requesting a transfer.
But
to what?
To Whom?
(same insurance, different group)


"Joseph E Farquardt Smythe-Beddows" (eg) 
is just a name on a webpage with an attractive address.
His/her group gets reviews:


Plus (plussss) it's not enough to find a doctor, they must accept your insurance, and the insurance must already list them as authorized to get payments.
Assuming all that, they must be accepting new patients,
and not ready to retire tomorrow handing the patients over to a
glorified nurse (NP). 
The receptionist has to like you, not be annoyed by anything or anyone, (The taxicab driver?) or else you'll get referrals to Podunk Iowa.
They ought to be replete with the latest medical equipment (Radiology comes to mind.)
I'm scared.
Ya, um, not a boat-rocking kinda guy.
Plus the medical group magically changed on a specific doctor.
I'm fucked, unless some miracle occurs.

The fancy-looking hospital which looks like a big Marriott,
is a few miles away from our hospital, which definitely does NOT look like a Marriott. But I can't find any doctors on my network there, it's as if they're run by bots or they know better than to use my insurance, hmm.

I picked my group (I think), someone just reviewed them as lower-class than mine (I don't care about the rugs and the chairs) and they're farther away (My current group is skipping town) (you know, like Carrows and the bank and half the strip mall) (what IS it about our town, are taxes too high?)

Whut??
One board-certified surgeon is not board certified on anything else, but may I imagine that the board is a bunch of money grubbing snobs who want more $$ with every specialty.
Now in the past I've been an absolutely awful gambler, as lots of fat happy slot machines can attest. But I don't have a choice (not yet, anyway.)
The eveil wicked(?) one and the new crapshoot will be either in the same building or nearly so (unless they're fogging up the system with BS) But no, wait, That'd be miscegenation, mixing medical groups.
O......k 




hmmm.


2 good 2b true
(CVS owns them too!!)
But they're ♪ so far away ♪


No comments: