-->

Sunday, April 28, 2024

(Bing headlines) Not sure....

"Can't do Whut?"    "Cancer? omg"     "BKFC? not, the chicken place?"

 Not sure writing a blog about people I don't know is advisable. 

They never did anything to me, why should I write about them?
On the other hand, I've "met" really nice people over the years, choosing to watch randomly named movies wherein none of the cast was familiar.

"Why don't I know them??" I ask myself, and google gives an answer:


Emma Thompson I know.

And I've never heard of most of her movies, I'm sure she'd have something deprecating to say about that...
The one where she plays an author was my favorite, and the one about a shakespeare play was fantastic, neither of which are mentioned above.
Best movie ever


She claims not to have thought much about "Mary Poppins" 
Making Nanny McPhee and compares herself to a cantankerous old bat (har har)
Well anyway, I can browse Bing headlines daily and only grasp why a very few are there at all. 
I should know who "Fearless Girl" is, or who people turned her into.
I didn't.
I've never seen a "Goofy" cartoon. 
I must've seen his commercial. (Are we going for a list here? It would fill a book)
The wikipedia section on "Free advertising" is very telling.
But you'd rather I just spelled it out, Google's headline page is free advertising.

Buried non-headlines:

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/02/united-health-hack-ceo-congress
A senate subcommittee has been elevated to the lofty position of "Congress" according to the press.
It's still a buried headline.






(Really Random) Link


Not so random a link. Anthem blue-cross-prime-focus (whatever) is actually "elevance" but this tidbit could be dated, could be wrong.
I really would not know, and the stationery still says "Anthem."

..................









Ted Faro (in my game) is eveil somehow, I just cannot remember how.
It's been a couple years since I played.
I *do* remember you're supposed to avoid every subquest everywhere.
The Gate keeper is an insane madman with delusions of power, best to move on (He sticks in my quest-craw.)
His twin Brother the high-up eveil-guy character (I prolly should pay more attention to the proper-nouns in this game) Looks the same.
There is exactly one single hot woman in the entire game, and she's the wife of a mole and a traitor who reforms, thanks mostly to me.
I guess I'm saying, I'd write lots less with more interesting uplifting games.
Zero forbidden whatever is pointless and impossibly hard, and it's one of the games I like!
(but I already can figure out Aloy will die pointlessly but a new Aloy will get born to save humanity, or a reasonable facsimile thereof (because the real people are dead)
Old entitled ones will wipe out the unworthy so that they may start their utopian whatever's, but I only saw them for a second.
"National Review" types.

Ancient games (I've got a few) are gonna be the themes of blogs to come, I think.

This last bit isn't even trains of thought, more like discarded rusty train cars that don't fit anywhere else.
1. Ted Faro was such an asshole that he thought, given enough schooling, that the human race would turn out as badly as he did, so he erased all schooling everywhere (aka, "Culture") and then sucked all the air out of the room, via remote control.
2. Schools taught per what they thought was biblical, that the universe was centered around the Earth. Anyone saying different (Copernicus, Galileo) was banned from teaching.
3. enter 2024 (the year) and headlines are still being written about evolution and creationism. (The link editor here is totally busted (totally bustedtotally busted,)
(I'm doubtless missing an umlaut or other HTML character elsewhere in this bombastic morass)

4. a 3AM lecture on creationism and how they explain dinosaurs (did I mention it was 3AM??) says, between a couple verses (paragraphs are called "Verses")
in Genesis 1, were many millions of years (reference some bombastic list elsewhere in the Bible)
So they can have their 7-day cake and eat it too.
But I think they've sort of lost whatever point there was, or the offending ones have been excommunicated (I cannot google a decent link for MIB "Be Kind, Rewind", the beginning of a religion. (apologies for the ads)










No comments: