-->

Friday, May 31, 2024

Reprint(?) Pot Roasty

 It's time for pot roast again. 
Now all I have to do is get my geriatric alzheimer's mind to remember which cut.
Near as I remember, "Tri tip sirloin" has a nice name but it's a terrrrrible cut, a small red meaty thing sitting on a huge layer of fat.
But what, Top round, bottom round, chuck-something, shoulder????
I forgot and perused my blogs, but I must have erased anything on cuts of meat....
Cross Rib!! My mind worked for a second.
OK.
"Beef Choice
Chuck Roast
Cross Rib (1
Roast)
SNAP EBT
$7.99/lb"

The 10lb roast tied with string in the picture,
reminds me of Plato's philosophy about Real vs Ideal
(They've improved the crap out of the snipping tool, but this editor is LOTS worse than when I started blogging)
)











And what to add to filler?




Pot roast all by itself lasts one meal or possibly two, and the rest is broth that gets thrown away.
I....don't know.
I used to think "Beans" or maybe "Pasta," But beans make me sick, and I'm sick of (plain) pasta.
Squash is supposed to be bad for me, but squash and potatoes.
Something in a yellow squash, it's a pretty color.
Since I've lived here my stomach has gotten more and more intolerant, it dislikes yogurt and I'm not sure about cheddar cheese.
It seems to like Pot roast and squash.
I wonder what it would think of peas, or maybe corn.
front-page Bing headline announced  that Broccoli and garlic and other inedibles were very good for you, screw them (they must have a vested interest in stomach medicines)
I like the medicine with the 6-foot Burrito chasing a woman through the airport, but I'm wandering again...



Flavorless cucumber-squash isn't cheap.
Hardly seems worth it.
Those pillowy squashes that look like gas-meter parts might be all right.
"Pattypan" (petitpan) squash


pretentious A-holes are teaching AI to emulate them.
Stop, robot, before it's too late.


OK fuck "greek," "Dijon," and "Olive oil" beeeeeecause the overpriced crap will cost more than mayonnaise, which comes in tons of pretentious varieties these days.

Plain f'ing yogurt, Lemon Juice, Canola, and it'll be missing something (a raw egg)
Sorry about that.
These days raw eggs can totally *kill* you so....

Honest hardworking recipe
...that can kill you or at least make you real sick
WE (me) don't know if "egg-beaters," those $7.00-per-egg things, would be worth it or are they getting fat on all the fear about real eggs.
Remember they aren't real so if an egg is expensive, they should have been the cheaper alternative.

buuut no, they're getting revenge for all those people passing them by for so many years, so now they're sticking it to us.

Fuck food.

Pot roast FTW

WHY are eggs so much?? Hmm????? "sally's eggs" with the kid hugging a chicken are the height of preposteratude, and This:

Buy her book! Buy her Book! Buy her Book!
*@#$%

F'n antibiotics could save your %$#@ LIFE, you &^%$#, grrr.
Diseased eggs will end life as we know it, but chickens will be happier.


Odd, most of my "Microsoft Start/Bing" page is about food today,
mostly about food I should not eat, anyway.
Cabbage makes me miserable for a week.

One is shoulder cross rib and the other, chuck-shoulder.
One looks like one huge piece of meat, no fat. The other, lotsa marbling.
I wish I could write which was which so I'd know next time.

Dipping the raw meat in white vinegar
Then dumping it in a pot to cook with can help lower blood sugar.
Weellll, "There is no scientific evidence," and it might just be a rumor started by the apple-cider and Balsamic-vinegar free range organic society, but this is a believable rumor that is easy to check on your own self, by using WHITE vinegar.









Kale, arugula and a ton of EVOO No salt 
Listeria and Salmonella, 
(some say) live in salad.
I'm still looking for "e-coli"

She couldn't say "canola, white vinegar, Cheddar cheese," o no.
Feeling sick? Gorgonzola is not for Lactose intolerant (but she ignored that)

Rrolfff

Eat healthy, die.
Eat crap, die.
Eat anything, Die!
Pot roast, FTW ("ay, Dios santo")

No comments: