-->

Sunday, June 2, 2024

Topwit

reviewers like it, 
except it only lasts 6 months to a year



My old tea-kettle's plastic button-cover deteriorated, and the buttons are exposed, and it turns on for no reason now.
The one it replaced died a similar death, boiling forever.

If you've been reading here, you know I'm not exactly flush with unspent cash, so...

 "TOPWIT Trademark of Guangdong Dingxian Technology Co., Ltd."

Actually, "Walmart" sells one too, a better sounding brand for half the price.

But I was specifically looking for a tea kettle that wouldn't blow any fuses, and since most of the "Good" ones eat 1500 watts, this 1000w one seemed all right.
Just, it has such a funny name.
No one says "Top-wit." 
Top-heavy
Half-wit.
IDK, and this might be a disaster-purchase, I can't tell the future.
"Dong/Ding" IDK
"TBA" (It's like "To Be continued"
My dinky debit card paid for it.
It also paid a bill that I wanted to pay, only the web page said "There was a problem, Try again" which I didn't, I instead checked on the bank.
Guess what, the charge went through!!
So if I had "Tried again" to make the f'ng page happy, I'd have been out an extra payment, the bank wouldn't have covered both charges, and my house-of-cards debit account would fall.
TBA'd stuff:
Yes it works, nice booklet, an invitation to get on a mailing list,
and a dribbling spout I'm not used to yet (Ouch)
And the charge disappeared today (but I'm waiting and watching just in case)
(The problem they refer to was because I used a browser instead of their App.
I used the app on a hunch and sure enough the payment went through, but not before my browser charged (then credited) my account. 
You prolly understood none of that; I'm potentially out of two refused payments and one payment they finally accepted. It might also have been (naw) I originally chose to pay more than the minimum, on a custom blank line, which is exactly how much they charged the bank for...But that's not possible.
No, I'm guessing they just hate browsers, but they'll happily give out any info to anyone asking, just not take payments! Strange.










PS I wrote one of these a long time ago about the *base* on most cheap electric tea kettles, and how brittle they are, and how a person should look for one with a sturdy base.
Well 99% of the ones I looked at have such a flimsy base, and *this* current base lasted forever (maybe my first one was a lemon?)
And I think I also wrote that it's nice having a temperature-selection control, it shaves off a couple minutes making tea-water.
This new one has no such control.
hmm


Voltage-rated for 110VAC, it might use more power with our 120v.
how much more?
-----------------------------------
Peccaries exist in my game as walk-on extras, and they look so cute I stopped the game to wonder who keeps them as pets.
They have a giant weeping pimple on their butt that makes them smell bad...
Reminds me of a way different animal, the Koala.
Besides having enormous claws, I've been told they smell really bad as well.
The story is somewhere online, about a guy who dislikes Koalas, but it was his job to transplant them to a different area so they could chop trees, or something.
Then there's that fruit-loops bird who could snap off your finger...



No comments: