-->

Friday, May 31, 2024

xbox controller polling rate, hmm

 There is a game that exists somewhere, where the person with the fastest mouse and the fastest internet connection wins.
Somewhere out there.

So imagine my surprise when my new controller, which I've had for a month (an excellent one) had a headphone jack but it didn't work at first, because the "Polling" was set to 500hz, a choice I must've made setting it up and then forgot.

So I set it to 250hz, and the headphone jack worked.
The shaking-heads-sadly people out there are totally full of it because:

I feel as though my game character lost 80 pounds!! She runs faster, jumps higher...

This made no sense at all, since it is well known (lol) the highest polling controller wins, right?


So my (prolly rocky) advice is, if your game character works fine but feels a little tired all the time, maybe lay off the damn polling rate.

250 vs 500 shouldn't have done anything, but...
500 cut off my headphones, that's a fact.
I won't be doing any experiments (setting it to 1K and seeing if my game character gets slower and fatter)


No comments: