-->

Sunday, June 16, 2024

The day the music died (and ramblings)

Back, farther than I can remember, some recording artists were killed in a plane crash.
link





 Umpteen years later a guy wrote a very preachy repetitive song about it (I think that's what it was about)


"The levy was dry," WTF is a levy? 

And after he sang the same words forever, the song got all slow.

(.)
Another day, another time, a rich asshole who could make life miserable for a lot of people, wanted to know who the vocalist was on random Beatles songs.

OK I failed his fucking test ("Lennon?") ("Mccartney?")
and it stuck with me in my memory, like shoe-shit.





I recently listened to a copy of "Penny Lane" and realized that the double-tracked voice (whatever) didn't sound like either Beatle and it was impossible to know on a lot of songs they credited to either Lennon or Mccartney. I'm totally pissed that an enjoyable experience turned into an in-fucking-quisition.
That said, I like "Penny Lane" a lot, whoever sang it. The accompaniment to the song (not that I was really listening) included an orchestra.
Changing to This artwork is damn near impossible...
I just usurped the name from a jpg it insisted on using.
Photo-credit




Songs I liked had no names and I didn't know why they were written. 
I played catch-up most of my adult life on music.
I learned about songs and orchestral pieces years after they fell out of fashion.
I hate most of the music you liked so much (new wave / punk / heavy metal / R&B-Rap, Jazz) and now that I have a blog, I can say that with impunity.

Music, like vehicles and clothing and colors, have a style and a history.

(Fuck history, fuck styles)
Insert here, a grungy 60's total Butt hanging around Costco and making fun of customers.
No, not George-Harrison / Jesus Christ models from the current century.
Not Manson (Charles nor Marilyn) Ya know whut, NVM, I tried and gave up.
Wire-rim glasses="I'm a preachy asshole"





whut?

People saying unpronounceable names and name-dropping celebrities don't enhance the enjoyability of a song although I'm sure it makes them popular at parties.


Speaking of parties, do you think recreational drugs enhanced their music or messed it up? "Their" being people who started off one way and changed or went insane (for whatever reason) Britney, Michael, etc.




I remember the preachy-asshole side of the 60's, the after effects. 
60's were pretty fucked up, history-wise.
Nice music though.
That pendulum you keep talking about, the one swinging right-to-left and right again, seems stuck, more preachy people being assholes than ever.
"(Fill-in-this-blank)" is bad for you!
But this officially has turned into a rant...Apologies.


Not sure what the obsession is with "DIV" in this here editor, but a pleasant thing happened on today's science show for little kids.
They tried to drill into you the concept,
"Conservation of Angular Momentum" which of course I completely forgot, so I'm writing it down.
Be fun at parties, remember this phrase, was the implication.
Basically, it has to do with math and a spinning top defying gravity while spinning, and according to the Internet it's related to conservation of Linear momentum.
Which (I am making this part up) is related to laws about "inertia," I think.
Oh, you want a *picture*, ok. 
Well you already know what a spinning top looks like, so:

I am soo jealous

Sad puppy commercials try to convey urgency, like if YOU don't donate quickly, that sad-puppy in slow-mo on your screen might freeze.

I'm totally guessing they don't include fees for speeches, and money for commercial production. And the book deals (yes, I'll go look)
PLEASE help these people be more richer than god, or they'll film more sad puppies in slo-mo.


https://www.ispot.tv/brands/73S/aspca


I'm totally done, but .....
You know all those free-range animals they aren't supposed to lock up, what happens to them when really bad weather (really bad) hits?
All those poor chickens braving the wind and the rain, incredible heat, killer snow, no wonder they get the flu (just saying)






No comments: