-->

Monday, June 10, 2024

Edit: Vacuums


EDit II: Me googling vacuum cleaners makes the half-wit AI programs think I need a battery-powered Fan (those big ones for drying rugs?)
If you see those ads too, nevermind.
After all, it *could* just be macho gift ideas for Fathers' Day.

After all the crap I wrote on Routers and WiFi, I suddenly remembered my original wish to buy a vacuum.
https://orphanrocks.blogspot.com/2024/03/hard-times.html

OK I'm going over it in my head: No HEPA, no fru-fru attachments, just some big-ass can with a motor in it. 
These days, $49 sounds laughable for an appliance but I'll look anyway.

See, now THIS is why I never read "Best of" articles.
NYC snobs
The post saying they're "Naturally awful" has been suppressed sublimated (It's gone?)




If MY purchase lasts 365-days, I'll be happy.


OK nvm, I'm looking, don't wait up.

Buy One of these for *Mother's* day, I dare ya.

Tons of stuff could happen between now and a week from now.
Bad stuff. TMI (wrong/missing item, empty/crushed/returned)
I'm supposed to be hopeful, uh...

After this was written an ad arrived, one of those endless ones riding the shit-tide, 

"Incredible offer," They live on a different planet, or I've been profiled wrongly.

If you lived in a country where everything was prized as being the best anywhere, because of where it is, what would it be???
RTG in, say, Italy or southern France?


A rich american woman who tossed off her homes (split level Ranches) in the US was in Italy with her servants (literally) and bought the above, which she didn't like but others did.
The "Plast" company wants you to know that theirs is best.
OK maybe "Italy" was a bad choice.
Dubai, where everyone is rich (I'm told) has a model with no name that goes for $650 US and looks exactly like an "Oreck".
This next picture has nothing to do with Vacuums; she's either out to make a buck or an actress, IDK. It just seemed to me to be the epitome of an expensive appliance-buyer, based on the picture and the fact that she knows where "Mallorca" is (I always thought it was in Italy)

I don't imagine rocks and graffiti are a problem for her, and robberies don't ever happen (or is it "Burglaries")
Not that I'm asking but would you trade MS for a nice house like that and a real nice Vacuum cleaner, and enough money to visit / live in Mallorca??

Windows like that don't wash themselves, and those dogs look furry; Throw in a cook and two servants (to do windows and vacuum with the RTG appliance)


What makes a good RTG vacuum??
Lotsa chrome, titanium and steel, a Febreze vaporizer, and it has to whisper.
If you borrow one, the guy you borrowed it from will be extremely pissed that you didn't vacuum the dust from the vacuum, detailing it so it looked show-room pretty, and go on as if you murdered his kid.

I'm prolly biased against upper-crust vacuums.
I'd prolly buy the first one being sold door-to-door, on a payment plan.



("RTG"=Richer-than-God)


Reddit = SEBO, Reddit is not the people to ask. 
Magazines? 
Damn near anyone you ask has a bias.

Let me totally guess (OK?) that countries in the EU have vacuums handed down from their forefathers, brands you never heard of, and the newer ones are plastic and look suspiciously similar to american Brands.

But if you want one that looks pretty, has specs good enough for NASA, look no further!
At last, a Vacuum cleaner for the ages!
And at such a reasonable price, lower than $2000
For vacuuming gunpowder off your desk (and so forth)

O. OK maybe not gunpowder

Nilfisk makes more upper-crust models, if you truly ARE richer than U-no-Who

Koblenz sounds like a nice name, rejected (see amazon review) by the snooty and upper crust.
it's so cute.
It works great, say the few and the proud.
Tiny, yes but *I* like it too

I guessed at my own answer (See above,) if you have a quality vacuum you inherited it or bought it many years ago.






If you still own a gray bullet-shaped vacuum on chrome skis, congratulations but they've moved on:

Minimalist future
(Made in Switzerland)


I think they sell electric brooms at walmart for $40 but this one above is from Switzerland and had to fly over, so it costs $500 more than $40.
I still like the Koblenz or NilFisk

157.75 a month, for a year.

Put sebo miele mewers to shame

No comments: