-->

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

"Imported"

 "Imported" automatically has a veneer of gentility, unless you're talking about people. Well, enough intro.
How pretentious is "Balsamic" vinegar?
I can't find out, the advertising is too thick.
You'd think it came from certain hidden places in Italy where young peasant girls pick grapes...
I wondered.
I have a hankering for a salad with vinegar and maybe I'll dare to add mayonnaise, since my stomach does not discriminate between yogurt and mayo, it hates them both.

I'll continue this later, I was just wondering on the way to the toilet. 

Amazon (whole foods) pretentious

I'm not sure, after reading amazon, why "Blidz" is 0.99c.
You can't drink vinegar like wine, tho I suppose people do.
Having a .99 bottle to grace the dinner table, next to the bowl of plastic fruit and rock salt, might be nice.
It seems to me, labels are very important.
The rock salt stolen off the street might not pass muster.
Actually, I was only looking for mild, less harsh vinegar that doesn't start gas balloons in my stomach.
The "Hankering" is for romaine lettuce and shredded cheese, the store-brand.
You can't cook salad (can you?) so I'd wash it up real good.
Boil some squash to mash into it.
(link)
A pretentious site, with a hint of sarcasm. And it's paywalled anyway.
But I'll try to peek from a dusty-ass corner next to the mice.
TLDR (otg) Rice, or if Kroger doesn't sell, "White wine,"
(or if Kroger doesn't sell
Uh, "apple cider vinegar" but it's strong.

I choose "Rice" unless it's imported from peasant girls in rice fields carefully picking grains.....
Not sure why but it's around three times more money than white vinegar.
Ocrap, "Kroger" seasons their vinegar.
With what, Soy, Garlic and onion?
Geez
Vinegar with sweetener to make it more edible, ok.



Ya know, ...
uhm,
White vinegar with a teaspoon of sugar and a little water, might be better (don'tcha think?)
I mean, cuz you're buying mostly water anyway (96%)

Dinky bottles of White-Wine vinegar were on sale, 
for around the same as the rice-vinegar.

It's OK. I guess vinegar you don't use to clean or cook with should be more tasteful, but it isn't worth the cost, I think.
--------
The following day:
My stomach is angry, maybe my sour-cream choice as mayonnaise wasn't prudent, or maybe I'm so old *everything* pisses it off.
But I think it was the cream, and something about squashes (not too many).
There are quite a few people who'd rather have fun in hell than be bored to tears in Heaven; endless Tour guides (Rick Steve etc) going on about the bricks and the corinthian columns.
Why does everybody go on about columns? Doric, Ionic.
Now tell us about screw pumps, inclined planes and the Cotton Gin.



Anyway my suffering is tolerable, and the salad was worth it.
Praise his Unholiness.

Oh! Nearly forgot: A note to myself, I came super-close to buying a 
"Butternut Squash" which looks like a deflated sports ball.
It's too big, a guy would need to cut it up.
Does it take superlong to cook?
Squash is squash, they are slightly flavorless but otherwise OK.
Peel? Chop? (Fucket)


Now I gotta go find a recipe or, never speak of them again (buy the soup instead.)






No comments: