-->

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

topical (yada blah etc) vaccine

 My wifi works, it's just not working too well.
Specifically it goes like crazy and stops on a dime, and then goes ever-slowly afterwards.
The only specific failure I can see is something called "TX Ack Fail,"
nothing catastrophic.
Plus, setting something called "cts/rts" to a smaller amount just slows it down more.
Bah.
What's in the news??
Concierge Care Provider One Medical Gave COVID-19 Vaccine To Ineligible People : NPR
Oohh, big surprise, the rich helping the rich and connected.
You can't tell people stuff like hospitals are hoarding masks, they get indignant. 
Fuck it.
Nevermind.


I didn't know about the above link's claims (and the links to that link, and so on, it's a long train )(no cspan here) that the right wants to completely transform the so-called riot into a festival gone bad due to leftist insurgents.


uhhh...whut?
They've got 76% of you all believing it...so nevermind.
Don't quote news at people, it just pisses them off.



Funny how the news suddenly bombasts something I wrote about a few days ago.
NOTHING then it's bombasted on google's front page?
So if I'd mentioned this yesterday people'd get indignant, saying they heard *nothing* on the NBC nightly news.
Fuck it!
Nevermind.
This is a picture (you know that, right?) of what I wrote several days ago.
My point then/now is, they promise to "study" it for (o, maybe) 100 days or a year.
Biden rushes to address global computer chip shortage via latest executive order | Reuters




Meanwhile, "Fry's," the electronics store, is gone.
As of this exact second I could not determine why it's gone, but I can totally guess that it thrives on full parking lots and crowded stores, But they probably have tons of stock and open-box merchandise just waiting for a fire sale, followed by an announcement that "Your love brought us back."


Is it for real, is it getting sold, are creditors banging on the doors, or is it just another marketing stunt?

------
Supply-chain-whatever, it's a sellers market, and the dollar is down for the count (o hell, now I suppose you want a freaking link)





A Weak Dollar Won't Make America Great Again | Investor's Business Daily (investors.com)


You might not remember but the "house" keeps passing bills that get killed in the senate.
I'm slightly more optimistic, but consider that they impeached (tried to) in a matter of days, this is taking more than a month, why??
 They have a special lady called a "parliamentarian" to tell them what precisely to do,


and I would not want to guess at all the presents (amendments) they're trying to add or take away.
But my gut tells me they're seriously delaying for unspoken reasons.
After reading the above, Fry's dying, dollar getting weaker, Biden still pissed off at China, getting a check at this point seems anticlimactic.....I tell myself to use it like a proverbial seed or egg that can grow and when the dollar gets stronger, when Biden has an epiphany based upon his executive-order, that Nvidia and AMD are the only games in town, Maybe that seed will buy a decent processor as well.

---------
A new BIOS!!
Same old Problem!!!
Killing time at the wee-hours, I watched "Battlestar Galactica," with no sound.
FINALLY it's watchable!!
Yay!!
Grace Park is irresistible but in the show she plays an evil clone who beats up her wounded true-self, killing her just before the commercial.
She gets to demonstrate her irresistibility on some poor sap who freed her from prison so she could kill her other self, and the 'sap' is abandoned and alone in his fantasy.
He sinks to the floor in despair, end, infomercial.
Unfortunately, trying to get up to speed on her character(s) has proven impossible, and the scene I saw isn't even mentioned, and the rerun-channel hops back and forth through the timeline of episodes.
so a big nevermind.
My imaginary story's wrong, the British guy getting converted to the dark-side by the evil blonde woman, and the hotness-bot and the eyepatch guy try to pass for white to the president and Olmos,
but today they're all back on earth (in a dream-scene?) and the president gets sick (she's got terminal cancer, right?) So even in my head the story is ridiculously overcomplicated, but in reality(?) it's like algebra compared to calculus.
What?
O, the BIOS!!
Note to self, the calculator seems right-on, except one value that totally kills the PC (It seems happy but there's no Video):

TWRRD should be >1

I thank you, good night.
(whatever "twrrd" is can wait until tomorrow)
With no pesky "Prime95" to limit me, I can Rule the world!!
(Ahem) more testing needed



I swear I wrote about this before, googled the same link (below)
But I must have erased it...My blogs are like my memory, so easily wiped.


My cousin in San Francisco sent me a link, mostly for the comments (social security beneficiaries can't qualify.)$600 ‘Golden State Stimulus’ Proposed By Governor Newsom For Low-Income Californians (hometownstation.com)
I was gonna get all pedantic on his ass, "Of course they qualify," etc but if you like youtube videos, you'll see that you at least have to file tax-returns, AND qualify for something called "EITC" which, if you're retired, you don't.


Ah.
Being really poor qualifies you because you get their state aid.
Being not-so-qualifying-ly poor gets you bupkis.
$600 ‘Golden State Stimulus’ Proposed By Governor Newsom For Low-Income Californians (hometownstation.com)

I didn't stop googling...You know those "entitlements" politicians always refer to?
SSI is an entitlement. And if you're entitled, You qualify.
SSA is *not* an entitlement, and (insert pontification here)
My gut tells me, right this moment, and without further qualifications from my cousin's representatives, that he's right.


No comments: